Climate Pro® Loose Fill Blow-In Fiber Glass Insulation
Johns Manville blow-in, loose-fill fiber glass insulation is designed for open attics and hard-to-reach locations like corners, nooks and crannies. It is noncorrosive and noncombustible. Climate Pro® insulation is for professionals using large truck-mounted high volume production blowing wool machines and for the Blow-In-Blanket System®. Climate Pro® insulation can be blown-in to provide R-values from R-11 to R-60.
Loose-fill fiber glass insulation utilizes a professional blowing machine for installation in open spaces to fill hard-to-reach areas like corners, edges and around framing. As a premium alternative to cellulose, it does not settle or decay, and can effectively provide insulation for the life of the home. It can provide R-values from R-11 to R-60.
Distinguish Your Residential Projects With the Benefits Homeowners are Looking For
As homeowners become more concerned about energy costs, indoor air quality and “green” building techniques, using JM Formaldehyde-free™ insulation lets you offer these important advantages:
- lower energy bills
- better indoor air quality
- control moisture
- a safe, healthy home environment
- superior sound control
- environmental satisfaction with more post consumer recycled content
Only JM has a Complete Line of Formaldehyde-free™ Fiber Glass Building Insulation
Johns Manville insulation can provide your homeowners with better indoor air quality and a healthier environment because it’s made without formaldehyde. Surveys consistently show that consumers prefer products made without formaldehyde when given a choice. With homeowners spending up to 90% of their time indoors, you have an important sales advantage by offering a better indoor environment.
Formaldehyde-free™ Blow-in Loose-fill Fiber Glass Insulation
JM FORMALDEHYDE-FREE™ Insulation
Climate Pro offers high-quality thermal and acoustical properties, and because it’s made without formaldehyde, it also improves indoor air quality and promotes a healthier indoor environment. The U.S. EPA recommends limiting exposure to formaldehyde as much as possible,1 and the California Air Resources Board, a division of the California Environmental Protection Agency, recommends that homeowners, builders and architects use building materials made without formaldehyde when building a home or remodeling.2 Formaldehyde is also classified as a carcinogen by the World Health Organization’s International Agency for Research on Cancer.3 JM is the only company in the industry with a complete line of building insulation made without formaldehyde. Visit JM.com for more information.
Johns Manville Formaldehyde-free™ Climate Pro blow-in loose-fill fiber glass insulation is a premium alternative to cellulose. It‘s blown into attics, nonconforming spaces and hard-to-reach areas,red like corners, edges and around framing. When it’s applied to the recommended thickness and specifications, you can be assured that your home is energy-efficient, with minimal heat loss. And unlike cellulose, it won’t appreciably settle, decay, or provide food for animals or microbes. It’s effective for the life of your home.
- Attics – Can be installed up to R-70 over 1/2″ ceiling drywall without exceeding ceiling weight limits
- Nonconforming spaces – Insulation sprays out of the hose several feet, filling in large areas and small gaps quickly and completely
- Wall cavities – Can be installed in walls using the Blow-In-Blanket System (BIBS®)
Equipment for JM Climate Pro installation is engineered for professional use.
- Improves indoor air quality – because it’s made without formaldehyde.
- Thermally efficient – provides effective resistance to heat transfer. Unlike cellulose products, Climate Pro settles only 1 to 3 percent, so it won’t lose R-value after installation.
- Controls sound – reduces transmission of sound through exterior and interior walls and floor/ceiling assemblies for superior sound control.
- Fire-resistant and noncombustible – (see Specification Compliance).
- Noncorrosive – does not accelerate corrosion of pipes, wiring or metal studs.
- Durable – will not rot, mildew or otherwise deteriorate. Unlike cellulose, Climate Pro will not hold moisture and will not permanently lose R-value.
- Easy to install – quickly insulates attics or spaces of any size or shape without cutting or fitting.
Other Attic Insulation Materials and Brands
Blowing Wool Insulation
Knauf Jet Stream® Ultra Blowing Wool and CertainTeed InsulSafe® SP Premium Blowing Wool are two other blow-in attic insulation products that offer excellent coverage, won’t settle, won’t rot or decay, won’t absorb moisture or support fungus growth, are noncombustible, and are formaldehyde-free.
Cellulose insulation is composed of 75-85% recycled paper fiber, usually post-consumer waste newsprint. The other 15% is a fire retardant such as boric acid or ammonium sulphate. Cellulose has the highest recycled content of any insulation available. For example, fiberglass has a maximum amount of 50% recycled content. Unfortunately, cellulose can cause a dusty home and may break down or settle over time.